We are seeking an Aerodynamics Engineer to support design, development, and testing of a small aircraft. The position involves generating aerodynamic analysis at various levels of fidelity, from vortex lattice methods to Navier-Stokes solutions, fitting models to those results and comparing them with flight test data. The aerodynamics group is responsible for supporting airframe design, propeller design, performance and stability analysis, handling qualities analysis and flight testing.
- • B.S. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent degree) with 5 or more years of academic or industry experience.
- • Experience with aerodynamic database development
• Experience with flight testing and corresponding data post-processing
• Experience with potential flow methods
• Experience with CFD analysis and gridding
• Familiar with airplane dynamics and airplane performance analysis
• Familiar with physics of airplane propellers and helicopter rotors
• Experience with FAA regulations and certification.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, IP bonus program, afternoon chocolate, happy hours and many more.